Wednesday, February 16, 2011

All Things Disappointing..

Here I am again.. still the same guy with his ''big'' dreams from the last year.. sad to say it didn't work out.. so much for that dream.. another addition to my list of frustrations in life..


It has been 8 months since I posted my. "New Dreams" stuff blog and I'm so proud to say, and let the whole world know about how downright disappointing that was.. LoL

You see.. It all started last May when my cousin "Cheche"  and I applied at this agency.. I'll just call it by the name "Philamasia Labor Pool Inc".. It was like just 50 steps away from the actual POEA office, so you would think you're safe with them.. Well guess what.

philamasia

So we walked in.. Asked about their openings.. They said what they had was a Hotel Housekeeping job bound for Florida, USA. Of course We got all excited and stuff. Well for one, it's the US, and, they said their clients don't require previous hotel  experience.. they said and I quote,  "it's easier for them to train newbies than experienced big-heads.." end quote LoL..

We went on with our application.. Had our General Medical Examination at this clinic somewhere in Manila.. That cost a good P3,500.. Thank God I was disease free but apparently, I was and still am overweight (Tell me something I don't know LoL)...

Then we attended seminars (held at the agency's office pff).. Of course that cost us again.. Paid again and again for this and that.. After that, they required us to enroll at a training centre in Manila.. (that was a long trip from here in Novaliches..) CSM Training Center's the name. That went on for a week.. T'was a good thing We learned stuff fortunately LoL..

CSM

We had our training at Crown Regency Hotel Makati.. Obviously in Makati along Pasay Rd which is now known as Arnaiz avenue apparently.. That was another huge wave of expenses that waited to happen LoL.. (Not the hotel's fault though) because of Me, being the "rich kid" that I am.. I had to buy my uniforms in the mall, I don't want to have to go to DV because I practically didn't have time for it.. and i don't like the hassle (hehe).. plus everyday expenses covered fares, pocket money to buy stuff.. to eat.. And of course gimmicks on the side which happens at least twice a week, maybe thrice.. I'm a son of God, I know (LoL).. The rest, I already blogged about last time. I sure loved those 2 and a half months in that place.  Met new very good friends.

crhm


crhm2

Back to the agency topic.. After all that time passed, money spent and hard work, we still waited for news from the agency, we already gave a downpayment worth P25,000 within the first week of our application... When we went to the office, it felt like we hit a road block when they told us that something happened in the US regarding "immigration", that the US government stopped the processing of applicants due to "human trafficking" blah blah yaddah yaddah.. They had a solution for it however, they said if we liked, they are negotiating with a company in Singapore so that their willing applicants who choose to go on will be sent there. Then I thought, Singapore's not that bad.. I'd prefer it there than somewhere in the Middle East (no offense meant for everyone there hehe). I checked and called POEA to ask about it and guess what.. There's no such thing.

So we decided to wait.. AGAIN.. We were told to wait until a certain date.. and come that day, they said there's no news yet. I grew very tired and impatient of them so we decided to withdraw our application (finally).. It's also a good thing that we got back the P25k that we paid for downpayment after months of waiting AGAIN, I was almost ready to burn the place down.. LoL.. Btw.. That whole escapade caused me and my family a whopping P150k. That's a sh*t load of crap that went to the garbage. Thanks for that Philamasia!

So now I'm back to square 1.. Disappointments, disappointments.. Quite a mouthful huh?! LoL..



No comments:

Post a Comment